Saturday, May 3, 2014

Stuff My Students Say, Vol. 3

As school comes to a close, I would like to share my final installment of "Stuff my Students Say".  Tomorrow marks the final review week of the year, and bittersweet emotions are are starting to well up in my soul.  When I first walked in my classroom, I saw 15 sets of beady eyes staring at me expectantly, and I felt a daunting task hanging over me.  And now here we are with 9 days of school left, and it all seems so amazing that it even happened.  I made friends with fifteen 3rd and 4th graders, and I start to feel very proud of them when I think back on all the times we had in that little classroom.  Here are a few last snippets of some of my my kids' stunning work.


1.  "Webster Dictionary" approved, I'm sure.



























2. Mental images....yikes.










3.  Probably the most disturbing thing I have received in my inbox...



























4.  Unbelievable.  Just, unbelievable.  The Word of the Week strikes again.


























5.  Eh, close enough.




























6.  Nelly is covering her bases while giving an example of a spelling word.











7.  The suspense is killing me...



























8.  A sit.  



























9.  Oh, the irony.  What a great start to a "Pelling" test.




























10.  "Hard cake".  Nice try.






















11.  When asked what his favorite food was.  











12.  I guess this is what I get for having mostly girls in my class.  My poor eye-cones.  










































26 days left of my life in Kosrae.  I'll be seeing you all soon!





Peace from the tropics,

River

No comments:

Post a Comment