Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Soaking It In

I dunked my head under one more time.

mmmmmmmmm.....so refreshing.....

I sank into the cool, fresh water of the jungle stream we found while riding our bikes up an old dirt road that lead to the interior of the island.  The scene was something right out of the jungle book.

Today is our last day in Kosrae.  The intense equatorial sun shone down on my skin just like it always has, and the moist air filled my lungs and we hopped back on our bikes and started back down towards the ocean.  

I wonder how long it will be before I am on a tropical island again after tomorrow.  

Our plane leaves tomorrow, sweeping me towards a land of cool, dry air and a face-paced lifestyle that would feel insane to the Kosraens.  

And I'm just soaking this in while I can.




Peace from the tropics,


River

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your stories. I loved my visit there to Kosrae and left a piece of my heart there. Safe travels to you and best of luck to you in your future.

    ReplyDelete